Class Members are eligible for compensation from this Settlement, and should file a Claim using the Claims System.
The “Class” or “Class Members” was/were defined as those persons (who did not opt out of this action) who were present or owned or leased or occupied properties located within the area of the City of Toronto bounded by Keele Street, Highway 401, Sheppard Avenue and Dufferin Street when a series of explosions occurred on August 10, 2008 at the propane facility located at 48/54/62 Murray Road in the City of Toronto, excluding the defendants and third parties and excluding the defendants’ and third parties’ officers, directors, servants, employees or agents.
The deadline for Class Members and insurers to file a claim was December 19, 2014.
The Claims System was used for all claim activities including:
- Registering a Claim to participate in the Settlement.
- Communicating with the Administrator with respect to a claim.
- Editing and certifying a claim.
- Uploading supporting documents to attach to a claim.
- Preparing a Fax Cover Sheet to fax documents to attach to a claim.
- Checking the status of a claim.
- Authorized claimants’ settlement award calculations.
- Paper claim forms were available to class members without access to a computer with internet connectivity.
- Subrogated claim filing was available to class members’ insurers.